It’s easy creating personal brand marks!
Incorporating these personal branding tips will lead to creating personal brand marks. Brandistas you know that personal branding is your reputation, built by your character, capabilities and image. In its simplest form, personal branding is the emotional connections that you make with people in your network, target or audience. Your personal brand is how others will remember and perceive you: your mark. It reflects your authenticity from the inside out; expressing your authentic self and embracing being the brandista you’re meant to be.
Use strategy in creating personal brand marks. Personal branding is a strategic process that makes you an active partner in guiding the direction of your life. It’s about how to bring the most value to your work; and the network, target, or audience you serve.
Creating personal brand marks so others can’t do it for you.
We all have a personal brand, whether we have participated in directing it or not. We’ve all said and heard.
- She’s strategic.
- She’s obnoxious.
- I can depend on her to do what she says, when she says she will do it.
- She’s smart and creative.
Now, how do you direct and manage your own personal brand? By building your professional presence, brand promise and reputation with clarity. It doesn’t matter if you’re seeking your first job fresh out of college, considering changing careers, branding as a new entrepreneur, or desiring to be more successful in your current endeavors; these personal branding tips will help you develop clarity about your personal brand.
Use these personal branding tips in creating personal brand marks you want to share in the world.
Personal branding tips to fast forward your personal branding efforts and making your mark:
- Polish Your Personal Image– Your personal image is how you present yourself to the world. It’s a culmination of what you talk about, how you talk about it, and how you appear as you’re saying it. Dress to make first impressions align with the brand you’re building. Successful people understand that all aspects of their grooming, personal style and body language work together to create a personal image. Align your personal image to correlate with your personal brand. Create a strong visual identity by placing focus on the audience you are speaking to, then build and nurture that network. Your personal image should support the message you want to send. This translates into your target audience trusting you at first sight.
- Identify Your Unique Brand Promise– Your brand promise is the promise you make to your network, target, or audience. It represents the promise of value your bring currently, or you would like to bring. It’s the emotional aspect of your brand built around your mission and values. Your brand promise is the basis of what you offer that is special, unique and different. It serves as the foundation in building your personal brand. Identifying your brand promise requires you to know your personal values, talents, strengths, interests and mission; and using them to distinguish yourself in the marketplace.
- Create A Strong Reputation– In order to build a positive reputation, you have to live up to your brand promise. A rule of thumb, always under-promise and over-deliver. Your brand promise is what you are striving to be known and respected for; consistently delivering that promise over time will give you the reputation you desire. Your reputation and personal image will direct the perception of who you are: your personal brand.
Remember, personal branding is an evolving journey that represents who you are, or is working to become. Who you are, and the values you bring to the table today, will most likely evolve as your goals evolve. The branding process remains the same; so remain authentic, have clarity about your goals and be consistent in your actions.