Personal Branding Basics: Your Communication Foundation.
We all have the power of the Internet and our digital platforms to help us leverage our personal brands, businesses, blogs, and books more than ever before. Once you identify who your ideal reader or client is, think of someone you already know that exemplifies their persona. If it’s a single mom, who works full-time, and runs her blog part-time, think of someone you know that fits her description. Consider what she looks like, where does she live, what type of information is she in search of? Now, that of messages that you can send from your website, or social media platforms that appeal to her needs. This tactic allows you to strategically emotionally appeal and stand out to her in ways that will separate you from other people vying for her attention?
You can strengthen your personal brand through the overall experience and connection you offer to your clients, prospects, audience, and the world at large. Personal branding basics at its best includes synergy through all your communication (touch) points. Consider the amount of times you communicate online with your ideal target market on a weekly and monthly basis. Now, aim to strategically deliver a branded message directly to them in each of your communication messages.
Implement these 10 personal branding tips to enhance your communication experiences and strengthen your personal brand:
- Create a Facebook business page to share industry trends and content your target market would find useful.
- Write articles relating about you area of expertise and post them to article submission sites online.
- Pick a signature color and uniform brand design theme – stationary, labels, pens, gifts, stationary, electronic press kit, labels etc.
- Add your brand message on the back of your business card. Add something interesting to drive people back to your website.
- Write a monthly newsletter or provide weekly tips that give valuable information that your clients and potential clients would deem useful.
- Design a ‘signature talk’ by choosing a specific topic that your are an expert of and provide enough information for a 45-minute engaging presentation. Leave fifteen minutes for Q&A and have questions prepared to ask your audience to get the questions rolling. Place information about your ‘signature talk/s’ on your website, blog and in your newsletter.
- Reach out to your clients and prospective clients with cards on a quarterly basis holidays, birthday, anniversary etc.
- Reward clients and associates who send you referrals. Send them a personalized thank you note with a small token of your appreciation.
- Become active in a networking, philanthropic or cultural group and attend the monthly events and network with new contacts.
- Comment and share your expertise on social media articles and posts that are relevant to your industry.
What communication tactics are you using to strengthen your personal brand in 2017?