Women’s History Month Is A Time For Reflection+ Refocus.
Brandistas, it is Women’s History Month, and I started the month reflecting on the incredible accomplishments the women in and around my life continues to make. Take a moment to reflect on your own life, where you started, where you are now and your goals for the future. I’m sure you’ve achieved things you never dream were possible and I trust you will continue to do just that. As I think about what it means to be a women in America in 2016, I recognize a lot of responsibilities; but most importantly, a time for us to start living our dreams. Yes, there is nothing stopping us from pursuing those- I wish I could, I should have and one day I will. We all have them, so what better time to fuel those dreams than now?
What are you doing for Women’s History Month to achieve your dreams?
Everywhere I look, there is an amazing story being told about courageous, strong and inspiring women around the globe and their accomplishments. I love it, it inspires and motivates me to continue to dream big and pursue my own dreams. Yet, I know it can get overwhelming. There is work I need to finish on my CourtneyRRhodes.com page that I haven’t made the time to complete. There are so many great thoughts and ideas that go through our minds in a day. So many dreams to attain, so little time to do it in. With that in mind, here are a few tips to get your thoughts organized, and your goals prioritized on the road to living your dreams.
Helpful tips to implement to start working towards living your dreams:
- Remind yourself that you are worthy and capable to create, and live the life you want. Your dreams are small whispers from God reminding you there are things purposefully unique and rewarding that you can create and share in the world.
- Set goals for yourself. Pick three small goals everyday to accomplish towards your dream. Pick two medium size monthly goals and one annual goal. Prioritizing your goals into small, medium and large can drastically help you focus.
- Place pleasant reminders all around your home and work space. Get a goal journal and write as many ideas, thoughts and feelings you have about your goal in your journal. Think about how exciting both the journey of working toward your goals and the exuberant feeling you’ll have attaining your goal. Create a vision board of visuals that represent you successfully achieving your goals. Use images, words and graphics that excite and inspire you.
- Quiet the self doubt. When you have feelings of fear, or doubt, shut it down immediately. It’s human nature that our own ego, that was built to protect us, tries hard to do just that. Something new, big and exciting is a threat to our ego’s comfort zone- so keep yours in check.
- Find an accountability partner who is willing to share your journey with you and hold you accountable to the action items and putting the work in.
Celebrate Women’s History Month by empowering yourself and supporting others.
Brandistas, half the battle is deciding that you are capable of living out your dreams, having confidence and belief in yourself, and then doing the work. As we continue to celebrate Women’s History Month and the accomplishment we have all made; remember to use your voice and your power to educate, inspire and support the women in your network and community. We all know that amazing things happen when we come together and support each other.
I would love to hear about what you’re doing or plan to do towards living your dreams this month. So, drop me a note below and let’s inspire, and support each other on the journey of living our DREAMS!